I would love to know what you think of the blog! Please comment & I will respond as soon as possible. I have also included more information on the Contact Me page. Thank you so much for visiting!!!!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back to School Makeup Basics

Can you believe it's that time again?! With the start of the school year fast approaching (or has already approached), I wanted to do a post on what I consider to be "Makeup Basics". Even though this post is Back to School focused, this post can apply to all makeup beginners. 

These are all drugstore products. I am thinking of when I started to wear makeup, and how I did not have the money to splurge on high end items. I rarely splurge on high end items, even now.

With that in mind, let's get to the list!!!

CoverGirl Liquid Foundation was my intro into makeup. My mother swears by CoverGirl. I used this foundation for about 10 years. However, I have branched into Revlon ColorStay and the Maybelline Fit Me since then.  I am more familiar with those brands now. While pricier, ColorStay is the one that I recommend. 

Concealer wise, I recommend two; one to cover those breakouts and another for the under eye. Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer is my must go to for covering up those imperfections. I have used this product repeatedly (I have finished three of them, and almost done the one I am using now). For the under eye, I recommend Rimmel London Match Perfection. It covers and highlights gorgeously. 

I really like the Hard Candy Welcome Matte Pressed Powder. It sets and covers to how I want my makeup to look. 

I think mascara is the trickiest "basic"- we all have specific needs for our lashes. I've used Maybelline's Great Lash as a teen. 

Eyeshadow: Wet N Wild was the first makeup brand that I used at age 14. Their eyeshadows have since become AMAZING! For neutrals, I really love their Vanity palette and their Walking on Eggshells and Silent Treatment trios. I also recommend their Sweet As Candy trio. 
When it comes to NYX, I think that the Aloha/Mink Brown/Deep Bronze trio is fantastic. 

Eyelid Primer: I recommed the ELF or Hard Candy ones. They have both been able to provide lasting hold with my shadows.  When it comes to bases, I like Wet N Wild Idol Eyes in Pixie and NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.

Lip gloss wise, the ELF Super Glossy Lip Shines are great.


These are the products that I would have loved to have had when I was just starting out in makeup. Hope that you enjoyed reading, and I would love to hear your makeup basics!



No comments: