I would love to know what you think of the blog! Please comment & I will respond as soon as possible. I have also included more information on the Contact Me page. Thank you so much for visiting!!!!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Hey There Beautiful!


While I may  write about beauty products, I realize that beauty is not just  in the products that are used. Beauty is everywhere.  We may not notice it or realize it on a daily basis. Society gives us "standards" that we all desperately seek to follow. Beauty is not a standard. Beauty is not an instruction sheet or booklet.

Beauty is in each and every one of us. It is the light of our souls. However, people may try to dim that light with comments and expectations that we can never meet. We try so hard to be a certain way to make others like us. How can we expect others to like us when we do not like ourselves? I have spent so much time and effort in my life trying to be something that I am not. I had people's expectations and comments thrown upon me that  I was trying to hide who I really was. I did not like who I was because it was not what was deemed "beautiful" by those that hurt me.

In that process, I began to think about what was happening. I was letting other people define my beauty. I was told that I looked weird and acted weird. I was told that I was never going to do anything with my life. I had no self-esteem, and tried to hide my shame. Looking back, I realized that I lost so much. No matter what people tell you, you can do anything you set your heart to. You need to believe that you are beautiful by just being who you are! I now know that you can walk safely with everything that people thought was "weird" and say " I am awesome!" Do not let others define how you are going to share your beauty. Do not let others tear away at your beauty (because they are only seeking it for themselves out of insecurity). Do not let anyone take your dreams away. Let your dreams be the balloons of your soul and let them fly!

I have learned to be comfortable in my own skin. I have realized that each of us carries so many unique qualities and they need to be embraced. I now embrace the "weird" and know that we all have it!!


While I love makeup,  beauty can be expressed in so many ways. Beauty is laughter with family and friends. Beauty is the blessings we are given. Beauty is the friendships that we hold and develop. Beauty is in the sunshine. Beauty is in love. Beauty is in art. Beauty is in life. Beauty is in wisdom. Beauty is in age.

Beauty Peeps, how do you express your beauty? Always remember, that YOU are BEAUTIFUL!!!

No comments: