I would love to know what you think of the blog! Please comment & I will respond as soon as possible. I have also included more information on the Contact Me page. Thank you so much for visiting!!!!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Beauty Community










Happy Weekend, Beauty Peeps! I wanted to write this post because I feel so inspired by the friendships that I have made through the Beauty Community. I have met amazing people through my journey and I cannot thank them enough for the kindness they have sent my way.

I think that the Beauty Community is a great way to share ideas, tips, and thoughts about products and companies. However, I feel that there is SO much negativity about how people look or how they got the products. Negativity is harmful; it destroys and lingers. I have seen so many beautiful people get ripped apart because of what someone behind a computer says. These "haters" should not affect your beauty! They are only trying to obtain some power because of their own insecurities. If someone is putting out negativity, then it's only going to come back harder onto them.

I find it difficult to read when girls want to be like other girls because "OMG you're so pretty". I just want to be there and tell them "You are your own pretty. Define your own beautiful." Let me tell you a personal story. I used to be one of those girls who wanted to be like the girl everyone loved. I had such low self-esteem; I hated the way I looked and how I felt about myself.  I wanted to be the girl with the popularity and the looks-- the whole package. However, I realized that I can never be like someone else. There is only one of me out there. I began to accept myself for all of my so-called "flaws" (hey, they make me unique and AWESOME!). I finally realized that I can be confident in who I am.

You get what you put out. If you put out negativity, do not complain when people are coming back with it. It is simple as that.


I aim to spread positivity! I feel that I have received such love and kindness in the Beauty Community. Surround yourself with people that will bring you up in happiness rather than those who will bring you down in tears. The ones that make you cry will never be worth your time.



When it comes to products, I want to be able to confidently say that I have used this product and loved it. If I am not a fan of a product, I will surely tell you why I do not like it. I am not going to sit back and say that a product is amazing when it is not. I am always going to give my feedback. I realize that a product may work for you that may not work for me. I will always tell you that if you want to get the product, it's your choice.

High end items are a treat for me (I do not live near a MAC or Sephora).  There is no way I could ever (or would ever) force you to spend your hard earned money on a product that is high end. If you want to buy it, then hey that is cool. I never want to be the person who is writing and saying "You need to go out and buy these high end products or else!"  I am the girl whose first products were from the drugstore (my mother would have skinned me alive back then if I wanted to spend $30 on a palette!). The drugstore products have improved greatly since I began wearing makeup. I love easily accessible makeup that does not dent your bank account too much! Drugstore brands are seriously AMAZING! (I do have my high end favorites, too).


Am I making sense? It's 4 AM as I am writing, so I never know if I make sense when I stay up late like this. I truly need to get to sleep.

Before I close, I wanted to say that I truly appreciate the love and support I receive from you. Beauty Peeps, you are beautiful!!!


No comments: